*Hosted a Christmas Party for the Teen Center.
We partnered with The Grove Church this year. They graciously made the meal for the night. Everyone had a great time eating Nachos and Tacos, decorating cookies, singing a little karaoke, and of course receiving a gift. Our church family collected a gift card for each teen that attended the event. A great time was had by all! We were able to donate 2 new bikes as well this year thanks to our donations.
In 2017, we change our mission to focus more on the teen population. We began working with the amazing team, Ashley and David at the center. The Boulevard is a teen center that services our kids from 3-6pm Monday thru Friday. The center is in the Elks building in Longview, WA. The kids can come and hangout after school and get homework help, have a snack, stay safe and warm and get some much-needed love from the staff. Some of the things that Harlie’s Angels has helped with are:
- Donate clothing and hygiene items
- Donate school supplies
- Donate meals and snacks
- Family night event supplies
- Purchased an area rug, karaoke machine, blankets, a basketball hoop
- Donated a sectional
- Brought in a grief counselor
- Brought in a counselor to talk about safe friendships and boundaries.
- In 2017, we gave the teens a Christmas Party that included sugar cooking decorating, karaoke singing, dinner and each teen received a gift after playing a game of “White Elephant”. We had
50 teens attend our event.
This will be an ongoing ministry of Harlie’s Angels.